Friday, July 30, 2010

First Big Milestone

First I need to say I don't want this blog to be about pounds! My main goal is to get healthy. So I will only be posting about major milestones regarding my weight not an every week pound count or anything like that. Healthy is the goal, pounds lost is just a measure of progress!! Well with that being said.....

Time to celebrate my first big milestone! Friday July 30, 2010 I stepped onto the scale at work slid the weight thing across the bar (we have an old medical scale) to 300 ready to shift the little pound slider too and the big bar did not lift up. I had to check a few times. I stepped off and stepped on, played with the slide but it was true!! I had lost 2 1/2 more pounds and I had finally past the 300 pound mark!!!!! I was so excited and Emma was really excited too. I was glad I dropped by work with the kids this morning.
It is still hard for me to believe I have now lost 48 pounds and am no longer over 300 pounds. I know I am only 1 1/2 pounds under it but WOW that is huge for me. It has been years since I weighed under 300 pounds. Yeah, a little closer to a healthy me! :)

I am so thankful all of this hard work and Medifast is showing progress. YEAH!!!
We are celebrating with a salad dinner out and a trip to the Beaverton Farmers Market! 2 more pounds of progress and I will be officially at a 50 pound loss. It feels pretty crazy sometimes to think I have already lost almost 50 pounds. Wow!!
Thank you all who are and have encouraged me on this journey so far. It truly does make it a little easier!!

Have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sarah! You are inspiring :) Looking forward to reading many more milestone posts!

    ReplyDelete