Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Journey Begins

On May 11, 2010 I embarked on a journey to get healthy. In the beginning I wasn't sure how things would go and I didn't want to disappoint anyone so I only told my husband, children, and my TSFL (Medifast) Health Coach, Bopha. I had reached a point in my life where I was very big, unhealthy, tired, and grumpy. Grumpy towards the people that I loved most. I was not even 39 years old and I felt very limited in my life's activities. As this blog matures I am sure I will share more about my poor health and health habits but for now I will leave it there.
Before I began this journey I did talk to my kids about the changes. I wanted them to know quite honestly that I was really happy with who I was on the inside. I liked myself, I love the Lord I serve and most of all I love my family but my health needed to change. They were supportive but concerned they would have to go on the "diet" with me. Funny how they think the world revolves around them. To be honest my world pretty much does and as I get healthier they are too. :)
This little patch of green grass the Lord has blessed us with is only going to get greener as we get healthier!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made the leap into the world of blogging. You are such a lovely woman, and I can't wait to see your beautiful spirit shine through in your words. I wish you well on your journey to becoming healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I've heard that Medifast is great and you should get wonderful results! It works pretty fast and you feel great. I'll in your corner and pulling for you for your journey to a healthier life. I'm on my own "get healthy" journey! Prayers and 100% support to you! You can DO this! :)

    ReplyDelete