Monday, July 26, 2010

Good Morning

As usual I was up early this morning. In fact I was awake at 5:40am and feeling a little stress about the day and week ahead. I knew the remedy for my stress lay right outside my front door. A good morning walk.


I got up, did a few things around the house and off I went on my morning walk. Just as I stepped out my front door I felt better. I took a deep breath and wow it smelled like summer. I can't really describe that Summer smell but it is wonderful. The sun was shining but it was still a little cool. Perfect morning to walk.


I always have companions on my walk; squirrels and crows mostly but a few cats too. Not a lot of people are out but the few that are seem to be friendly enough to say good morning.


My favorite part about my morning walk is when I walk by something and the smell reminds me of my past. Especially the smells that remind me of my childhood. I alway look around to see if it is a certain flower blooming, fresh cut grass, someone's breakfast cooking, etc but I rarely find the source. I just enjoy the smell and the memory, thank the Lord for the gift and go on.


I hope you too will find pleasure in your exercise. I can't believe that my favorite part of exercise isn't the end but to tell you the truth, I often wish I had time to do more.

:) Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment